What's Your Ideal Case?

edited June 2007 in Hardware
I am building a new design case and am wondering what you all think is important in a case.

After your choice I would like to know if H20, Multiple GPUs, wire management, or color matter to you.

Another question is how many HDDs are you likely to use?

Thanks to all who help out..

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    120mm fans in the front and back, with a hard drive cage that does not obstruct the fans. A hard drive cage that installs HDDs perpendicular to the motherboard tray, and lastly, a removable motherboard tray.
  • lewicronlewicron Glasgow
    edited December 2006
    Silverstone Temjin TJ09. Pricey but beautiful.

edit: sorry - didn't notice that you were actually building a case, not buying one. Still, I hope this case will provide some inspiration. :)
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    120mm in (across HDD) and another out the back.
    Two optical drives
    two HDD
    and why aren't there more cases with the PSU in the bottom?????????
  • edited December 2006
    Lol, here is mine with Hdds and PS in the bottom...;) (and a 11" fan cooling the PS and Hdds)
    MoboTrayOut.jpg

And to lewicron, I love Silverstone (Elegant like Lian Li)stuff. I am just a little bored with big towers.
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited December 2006
    Whats a case for?
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    this one...
    11-129-021-03.JPG

dual 120mm in front
    120mm side
    120mm rear
    200mm top exhaust

i love mine
  • edited December 2006
    ronbo wrote:
    Whats a case for?

Lol, now thats superior cooling....:eek3:
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited December 2006
    ronbo wrote:
    Whats a case for?

ROFLOL Love it! Gotta get me one o' those.....;D

Tech (maintenance) friendly is imperative.
    No micro cases here. Mid to full tower
    Sturdy stiff metal-framed case - no plastic and no cheap sheet metal to slice my hands up on.
    Specs like Thrax described. (Components and devices have to be easily removed and installed.)
    Plenty room for unobstructed cooling.
    Far more interested in function rather than form. Pretty or cool-looking is not important. Do not want to see the inside of the case. I see enough of it as it is. No brite showy lights either. Just want it to sit there quietly, work like a dawg and stay cool (temperature).
  • edited January 2007
    ronbo wrote:
    Whats a case for?

Classic.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    straight from icronic
  • edited February 2007
      Stainless steel, no plastic, door with lock to transparent case window, and lock to 5.25 drive bay door. Firewire, audio, mic, and audio on the outside of the case. 1 120mm fan in the front, 1 120mm fan in the back, and two 120 mm fans on top. Removable hard-drive cage, plenty of 5.25 bays, and 5.25 "tool" box. Removable motherboard tray. 3.5 or 3.25 Thermal management system LCD.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    How about LAPTOP!? I'm tired of cases and having to lug things around. Laptops are great in that I have my monitor and everything in something similar to a notebook. AHH! THAT'S WHY THEY CALL THEM NOTEBOOKS! What's easier to carry than a notebook? :p
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    My ideal case starts w/ a removable mobo tray w/ 120mm fan.
    http://www.mountainmods.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_34_66&products_id=57
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    My ideal case starts at montainmods.com actually. Best design ever. Especially the one that can house 2 full systems, 4 psu's and i think, 4 dual 120mm radiators. All in all in a wonderful finish at a fairly low price. I just wish it was easier to ship it here to Faroffistan than it is. :S
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2007
    I'd actually prefer one of those horizontal ATX cases. Granted they're much less visually appealing, The tower design provides a new type of critical hit. The flying cat.

And, I could put a cold beer or something on it, or use it as a stand for something else, like another computer, or my xbox, or a statue of Ernest Borgnine, or maybe a launchpad for an ICBM. Well, that's going a bit far, actually.
  • edited June 2007
    I just have to have a big huge cube case to hold all my water cooling gear........;)
  • edited June 2007
    Those Mountainmods cases are real nice, but pricey. I also like the Gigabyte Aurora cases too, since they have a nice layout for watercooling.