Stuck in reboot loop - XP

edited December 2006 in Hardware
Ok I'm having the Restart Loop problem it started when I selected from msconfir/Boot.ini to restart in Safe mode with Minimal resorces and now when it restarts it gives Blue screen messege for less then 1sec and restarts I tried all option's under F8 and stop's about 10sec after it starts to load windows and gives an error of windows has shut down to prevent damege to your files and it stays on that loop, Any way to change to Boot.ini to stop the Safe Mode from booting up?

Comments

• PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited December 2006
    Hi Necrid

What prompted you to disable items in MSCONFIG or choose minimal resources boot? IOW, what precipitated this?

The reason I ask is there could be malware on your computer that, when disabled, causes your computer to crash or malfunction.

Don't be afraid to expound. The more info. the better.
  • mtroxmtrox Minnesota
    edited December 2006
    Fruitwing (a.k.a. Pterocarpous) is on to something. I can get you out of that safe mode boot.ini thing if you have Barts PE, Knoppix, or can get into your computer with an XP disk in repair console.

Use one of those methods to edit boot.ini. Msconfig added the last command shown in red below. Just delete that red command, save, and reboot. Like Ptero though, I'm not sure that's the whole problem.

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /safeboot:minimal