Ati 9550 Question

edited December 2006 in Hardware
I just bought an ati 9550 and I have a dell 91110 moniter. My question, or problem, is that all text, icons, images have shadows and it is very annoying to read text and to just look at the moniter in general. It did not do this before, I have always bought Nvidia and this is my first ATI card. It is set to 1024x768 and the refresh is 120hz, it is the same on all refresh rates, except 60hz is barely noticable but screen flickers slightly. I have tried to turn on/off just about every windows appearence setting and I've looked for a long time for an answer, but it seems no one else has asked about this. Do you know of a solution?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• nonstop301nonstop301 51° 27' 24.87" N // 0° 11' 38.91" W Member
    edited December 2006
    Hi sammydog419,

I use the same ATi card but I haven't experienced the problem you're facing. I'm not entirely sure what causes this behaviour but it may be related to the ATi driver. Are you using the latest driver the manufacturer of your card has released ?

I had some problems with my Gigabyte ATi 9550 with respect to 3D performance and I initially used the latest ATi drivers from the ATi site for this model. I didn't see any improvement however, so I went to the Gigabyte site to try the latest drivers they offer and their driver for this model is working well for me now.
  • edited December 2006
    I'll have to try that and see if it helps. I am also going to try a new monitor to see what happens. thanks.