Help?

edited December 2006 in Hardware
A few days ago, I was playing WoW... My computer suddenly froze and I couldn't do anything. I forcefully turned off my PC and rebooted it up. Everything turns on just fine and everything is plugged in, but after a few seconds after the computer turns on, it beeps 5 times and nothing appears on the screen. Did my video card over heat? I'm not sure exactly what to do and I'm not very smart about computers. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Which BIOS do you have? each BIOS have a different sound code, so If you found which bios do you have, then search in google, the manual or in the manufacturer site to check what that sound means. The usual bios are Phoenix and Award.
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited December 2006
    I believe there's a beep codes guide on this site. Lemmee poke around and see if I can find it. In the interim, you might want to go here.
    http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

If you do a search on "beep codes" in your favorite search engine, you'll get lotsa hits.

In any case, beeps indicate a hardware issue. If you have no display, your video CCA (circuit card assembly) may have failed. Do you know how to change a circuit card (expansion card) inside your computer?