trouble starting, nothing come on...

ADWADW
edited January 2007 in Hardware
Hi, I bought a few parts the other day and I'm having trouble starting the computer. When I turn on the power supply, the keyboard lights flashes once and when I turn the power on, the led for the power comes on and then nothing, no beeps no fans no hdled no noise, even after a minute.

Heres what my system looks like:

Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA LGA775 Conroe ATX PCIe AGP DDR/2
Intel Core2Duo E6400
EVGA Geforce 7600 GTKO 580MHz 256MB
Mushkin PC2-5300 DDR2-667 1x1GB
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA2
Liteon DVDRW
Benq DVDRW
Fortron Sparkle 400W PS
Coolermaster Centurion 5 case

I plugged in power supply to the ATX and the ATX12V, CPU fan into CPU fan connector, memory into DDR2 slot 1, hard drive into sata1 and powersupply, dvdrwers to secondary IDE, video card to PCIe, front USB to USB67, front speaker to speaker, front audio to HD_AUDIO1, and the panel1 with white wire being ground and nothing on dummy pin

Yep, and its not doing anything after I press the power :(
I hope its not a hardware problem...I'm new at this, so any any help would be appreciated! (ill be reading the other threads as well, just thinking this might be faster..)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2006
    As much as you probably hate to hear it, this may well be a DOA part. Before you do anything else I would recommend that you reset the BIOS by unplugging the power cord, removing the CMOS battery, then moving the CMOS jumper to the reset position. Wait fifteen minutes, reverse the process, cross your fingers, and fire it up.

Good luck. :)
  • zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited December 2006
    Oddly enough, I purchased this board from newegg as an open box deal for $26 shipped. I don't yet have a processor to start it up, but now I am a bit worried. I started reading the reviews past the first 3 pages under newegg and noticed your problem coming up quite a bit.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?DEPA=1&Type=&Item=N82E16813157092&SortField=0&SummaryType=ALL&Pagesize=&Page=1

Anyways, I will give you a rundown on some things to check if the system fails to boot:

Ensure all connections are secure. Unbelieveably, we find that sometimes we forget to plug everything in correctly due to being impatient to get the system going. Take another look.

Clear your CMOS. Either remove the battery or jump the connections for the CMOS circuit.

Initiate the process of elimination. In doing so, having a spare board and/or other parts around would be very helpful to test out defective or possible defective ones. Take out cards, peripherals, drives, memory, etc. and try one at a time adding every item if it takes that. CPUs can be checked on another board if available and memory should be checked on another system with MEMTEST if possible. The power supply can then be tested up against another system if possible, or better yet, if you have a power supply tester.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Is anyone surprised? I mean no offence by this comment; it's a simple statement. You get what you pay for in computers, and you always have. You buy off-brand RAM, you often get sticks that are incompatible with existing memory, or RAM that fails early, if it wasn't DOA to begin with.

Same thing with motherboards that cost less than an inexpensive dinner for 3. It matters little if it's an Asus subsidiary; corners have to be cut somewhere.