GTA:Vice City Multiplayer

Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
edited November 2003 in Gaming
I was just wondering if anyone around here has been playing or tried Multitheft auto?

Since they released version 0.2 about a month ago i have been putting it into to the rotation of games we play at lan parties and its gone over quite well.

If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it :thumbsup:

Just remember that it is still version 0.2 ;)

http://www.gta3mta.tk/

Comments

• EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    We tried to play it at a LAN, but the other 2 peoples machine would just freeze on the loading screen and never come back on...

NS
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    MTA is a huge hit on an IRC channel I'm in regularly. We play it 3+ hours a day almost every day.
  • Mr_BojinglesMr_Bojingles Northern Michigan New
    edited October 2003
    hmm...never encountered that problem. I have had 12 people connected and playing at once with version 0.2 on my lan. You were using 0.2 i am assuming?
    edited October 2003
    Yeah. Worked fine on my machine, no idea what was wrong with theirs...

NS
    edited October 2003
    Were they using something besides Winxp pro?
    edited October 2003
    Nope, both on XP Pro.

NS
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited November 2003
    Hey, I'm just curious about what MTA is like. Can multiple people work on completing the same missions?

I've been playing GTAVC while I stress test this new computer that I built for my sister... Held off on installing it until now because I didn't really have a machine fit for playing it on.

Also, I have a problem with texture-popping. Sometimes things just remain untextured for a little while while you're driving really fast. Should I turn on frame limiting, or what? Is the draw distance too far? I mean, cars still pop in and out, so I would personally prefer to make the draw distance even further away.

Does an update fix the problem? I am playing with the version from the CD (I assume 1.0) since I didn't feel like finding a crack for any potential updates. No, I haven't paid for the game. Although I may pay for it some time in the future if the multiplayer is really any good.

SP is awesome... More fun than the first GTA, better missions except for the ones involving doing almost anything with Lance Vance. That guy is a complete jackass, always getting himself killed. One time he ran under my car as I was backing up. I mean I'd BEEN backing up, and he just runs behind the car right at the last second and dies. What a moron. Another time he ran in front of me while I was fighting the baddies and I shot him. Another time he just stood there like a retard in the middle of the road and the baddies ran him over in their car. I mean, I was seriously about to just let the guy die and forget about him. I had to repeat two missions involving Lance Vance a total of ten times because his stupid ass kept dying. The sad thing is that only like two times was it my fault. All the rest were due to worthless Lance AI.

Oh, probably the worst time was the time he ran off a roof and died. That was just pathetic.

/rant
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    Khaos had this to say
    Also, I have a problem with texture-popping. Sometimes things just remain untextured for a little while while you're driving really fast. Should I turn on frame limiting, or what? Is the draw distance too far? I mean, cars still pop in and out, so I would personally prefer to make the draw distance even further away.
    Only method I got to fix that is by uninstalling it and reinistalling it.
    edited November 2003
    Upgrade to version 1.1 of the game, if you haven't. Max draw distance, and use vsync.
    edited November 2003
    Khaos had this to say
    Hey, I'm just curious about what MTA is like. Can multiple people work on completing the same missions?

MTA is multiplayer deathmatch right now, so there aren't any co-op missions(though it would be VERY cool)

A Stunt mode was released in the latest version but I have yet to try it.
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    There's a 1.1 patch that may help you out but it may not be fixed. Happens every now and then to me.

MTA is great, esp. when everyone gets into it. Can't wait for a LAN party to play it at.
    edited November 2003
    Stunt mode is fun.

Adds ramps EVERYWHERE. All chars start by fast cars, or fast motorcycles.

No weapons. Just mad stunting.