memory

edited December 2006 in Hardware
Okay I had a bunch of questions earlier about a PFN error that I was receiving not letting me install an OS. I guess my question now is that I have been getting my memory online. The brand is Ultra. Does anybody have any input as to if this is an unreliable brand is there a better one you can suggest. I built this PC in October and I am on my fourth stick of RAM. Its frustrating because when this thing is running its great but I keep frying memory. ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    ULTRA is not known for being a reliable dealer of memory. I would honestly buy some cheap crucial memory and run it for a while to see if your problems go away. As with all components in PCs, it is wise to use brand name products; off-brand items give off-brand performance and reliability.
  • edited December 2006
    Thrax wrote:
    ULTRA is not known for being a reliable dealer of memory. I would honestly buy some cheap crucial memory and run it for a while to see if your problems go away. As with all components in PCs, it is wise to use brand name products; off-brand items give off-brand performance and reliability.
    Okay that makes sense. Can you recomend a more reliable brand of memory?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2006
    KingIvan wrote:
    Okay that makes sense. Can you recomend a more reliable brand of memory?
    The brand he mentioned, Crucial, is a good one. Kingston, Mushkin, Patriot, and Corsair are some other good bets. OCZ is a bit more expensive, but you'll get the best support in the world. :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2006
    Corsair, Crucial, OCZ, Kingston, Hynix, Infineon, Samsung, G.SKILL
  • edited December 2006
    I will try that. I was told that Ultra was a good brand. I will have to kill my advisor.