AMD or Intel for laptops?!

QizQiz
edited January 2007 in Hardware
About to buy an HP9000, which processor should I pick? Want to get top of the line but don't really play any games so that is not important...

AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-60(2.0GHz/1MB) or Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor T7200 (2.0 GHz)???!!!

Know most people would pick Intel but what is the difference? Will I notice a difference I performance when doing tasks like watching movies, downloading, burning, playing poker, music etc?

Thanks in advance

Qiz

Comments

• Calypso01Calypso01 Paradise
    edited January 2007
    i think doesnt matter what processor.... both are good!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    If you're doing many things at once, the Core 2 Duo will feel a bit "Snappier," however if you're not into multi-tasking, you'll find both of them perform about the same. You'll get a longer battery life out of the Core 2 Duo, however.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    The core 2 duo is a much faster cpu, especially with the extra cache.
  • QizQiz
    edited January 2007
    So the core 2 is better but Amd's is pretty good to? Comparing to my old desktop with a pentium 4 at 2,8 GHZ and of 512 Ram, the AMD will be a lot faster I guess?
  • tommie-jtommie-j im here...i'd like to be there(see web site)
    edited January 2007
    i just did some quicksurfing on turionx2 vs conroe and it seems they are fairly equal,although i just bought a new fujitsu with a a core2.- tommie j:Rocker:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Qiz wrote:
    So the core 2 is better but Amd's is pretty good to? Comparing to my old desktop with a pentium 4 at 2,8 GHZ and of 512 Ram, the AMD will be a lot faster I guess?

The AMD chip will be equal -> 30% better, give or take 10%.
  • tommie-jtommie-j im here...i'd like to be there(see web site)
    edited January 2007
    the decideing factor , what i was most interested in was battery times. i do some occational gameing(fast video cards dont sip) but i can do that on my desktop .i picked up an extra modular battery giving this lifebook S7110 a supposed 7+ hours. i do alot of flying and those flight movies are repeditive.so i like to watch my own movie. getting back on topic,the conroes are battery sippers so thats my thoughts.:cheers:

tommie j