KVM Trouble (please help)

edited December 2006 in Hardware
Dell Dimension 9150 w/ Nvidia 7900 GTO
Dell 1907 LCD Digital Monitor

Custom Built Pentium P4 w ATI 9600 Radeon All In Wonder
Dell 1906 LCD Analog Monitor

Logitech G15 Keyboard
Logitech G7 Mouse

Here is the MAIN problem - I am having a GREEN tint on on my display.

I have the Dell Dimension w Nvidia connected to the Digital input of the Dell 1907 LCD and the KVM connected AS THE CONSOLE to the VGA port of the same Monitor (the monitor has a switch button to go between VGA and Digital).

I have the Custom Box w ATI 9600 connected to the KVM using Video 1 VGA from the video card and connected to the Dell 1906 LCD on Video 2 from the video card.

The end result I should have is the P4 w ATI displaying on the console (Dell 1907 VGA) as KVM 1 and on the Default Monitor (Dell 1906) as Video 2. Then when I press the button to switch to KVM 2 I should show the Dimension on the Console (1907 VGA) as Video 1 and on the Digital Input on the 1907 as Video 2.

On KVM 1 the output to the Console has a Green Tint.

Below is a chart I think may help:
CONSOLE MONITOR 1907 (VGA)
|
KVM
|
Dimension

Custom Box
(VIDEO 1 VGA TO KVM) (VIDEO 1 VGA TO KVM)
(VIDEO 2 DIGITAL TO 1907) (VIDEO 2 TO 1906 VGA)

Comments

• PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited December 2006
    What happens if you swap them around? (Swap KVM1 for KVM2) Does the problem follow the change (move to KVM2) or does it stay on KVM1?
  • edited December 2006
    Thanks for reading this thread... I found that the ATI cards wire harness was missing one pin on the connection to the Monitor on KVM 1. I'll replace this part and see if the trouble continues. Happy New Year!
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited December 2006
    wstaylor wrote:
    Thanks for reading this thread... I found that the ATI cards wire harness was missing one pin on the connection to the Monitor on KVM 1. I'll replace this part and see if the trouble continues. Happy New Year!
    :celebrate Congratulations! wstaylor Now if only all computer-related problems could be so easy to pen down.

Happy New Year!