Speaker help!

edited January 2007 in Hardware
I have a Logitech Z-2300 speaker system hooked up through the front jack on my soundboard ont he back of my computer. Also on that board i have a seperate set of desktop speakers hooked up through the rear jack and my monitor speaker is hooked up in the center jack. My sound card is a Sigmatel and on the speaker configuartion it plays the music i am listeing to through the front speakers but ont he rear and the center speaker it just plays fuzz.... how can i get all my speakers working?
Please help

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    On some systems, if something is plugged into the front jacks, it disables the rear jacks. The theory is that you would have speakers hooked up in the back and occasionally plug headphones into the front jack.

In your case... I would double check and unplug the front speakers and see if the rear speakers work. If they do... then the above case is true. In that case... Buy a cheap "Y" adapter into the back jack and you can use both speaker sets. :thumbsup:
  • edited January 2007
    Well i have nothing plugged into the front jacks on my computer and when i unplug the green jack (front speakers) all the sound tottaly shutsdown...
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Ah.... got it now. I misunderstood you. Sorry.

Well, I assume you've tried switching them to test the speakers themselves, right?

Also... I'm not familiar with Sigmatel configuration but on my home theater, unless the music is recorded in surround, I only hear music in the right and left.

Can you watch a DVD with surround and see if the center speakers work?