Can't write to DVD!

edited January 2007 in Hardware
For some reason I can no longer write to the DVD rewrite drive. I get the message (Access denied Drive D:\). I have tried various discs CDr and CD RW all to no avail. I am no computer geek, far from it and this problem is driving me mad. I would appreciate it very much if someone could help.

Comments

• zero-counterzero-counter Linux Lubber San Antonio Member
    edited January 2007
    After rebooting the pc, is the drive still acting this way?
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited January 2007
    spider117 wrote:
    For some reason I can no longer write to the DVD rewrite drive. I get the message (Access denied Drive D:\). I have tried various discs CDr and CD RW all to no avail. I am no computer geek, far from it and this problem is driving me mad. I would appreciate it very much if someone could help.
    Hello spider117. Welcome to Short Media.
    Did the problem go away after rebooting as zero.counter suggested?

If not,...
    If it was working fine b4 and suddenly stopped working (assuming there have been no other changes to your system - hardware or software - then), your DVD burner could have failed. Let's rule out some other possibilities first though.

Exactly how are you going about attempting to write to media in your DVDRW drive?
    What program(s) are you using or do you normally use to do this?
    Are you able to write to a CD-R or RW disc using Windows' CD writing utility?
    Are you able to access a CD or DVD in the drive to view its contents?
    (e.g. a DVD movie or an application installation CD, etc)
    Does the DVD burner show up in MY COMPUTER? If so, exactly how is it identified?
    Are you experiencing any other hardware, software, or operating system issues as well?
    Did anything precipitate this problem? (new hardware or software installation, drivers upgrade or change, power problems, application or operating system problems, malware attack, etc.)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Download and run the guided help. Reboot.