Graphics Problems...

Gadgetman53Gadgetman53 Alabama, U.S.
edited January 2007 in Hardware
Hey guys, I recently set up a RAID 0 (as some of you know), I was going to reinstall windows anyway so I decided to set up a RAID and wait. The reason I reinstalled windows was because I was having all kinds of errors and graphics problems and It would not allow me to install the newest drivers. I have an ATI all in wonder x600 pro. I had been seeing splotches on my screen and would not even be able to play BF 1942. I used to be able to play BF2 at Mid to highest settings with no problems. I have hardly ANYTHING installed on it now, and I still get splotches just while it's on the desktop... Is this a problem with drivers? can I fix this somehow? or is it just time to scrap that card and spend about $400 on a new one??

Thanks for any suggestions/help in advanced!,
Gadgetman

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Your card is either:
    A) Overheating

or

B) Dying
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I believe that The Thrax is right, but it wouldn't hurt to check your monitor cable, video card slot, power connections.
    Not to mention remounting the cooler.
    Don't give up......
  • Gadgetman53Gadgetman53 Alabama, U.S.
    edited January 2007
    It only starts to blotch when video starts to play. And then it resets itself.
    I tried resetting the card in the PCI express slot... Nothing
    In device manager it sees at as two cards. X600 and x600 secondary. Does that mean anything?