Direct x 10 value cards.

KometeKomete Member
edited January 2007 in Hardware
I remember when Direct x 9 came out we had a whole host of value cards come out soon after the flag ship cards were introduced. Those days I think it was the 9700pro that was king of the hill.

Anyway these 8800's look great but the price tags are ridiculous. Are we going to get any hacked up value cards released anytime soon? I did a quick search on google and didn't come up with anything. Anyway I'm curious to see whats on the horizon.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Feb/march. Maybe.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited January 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Feb/march. Maybe.

Somehow I wonder if it won't be till later. I would think there would be some leaked news if it was just a month away.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Nvidia has 2 lower chipset that will take the place of the 7300, & 7600, Prices are not yet known but I am sure they will hit the market before AMD's R600.

The current DX10 chips we have are the 8800GTX & 8800GTS which inturn are an upgrade from the 7950GT and 7900GTX, some can also say it is an upgrade from the 7950GX2.
    Komete wrote:
    Somehow I wonder if it won't be till later. I would think there would be some leaked news if it was just a month away.

News of these chipsets have already been posted back in December.. just quickly I found this link for you
  • edited January 2007
    consider that most chipsets/cards arent already being fully utilized by the directX software I wouldnt worry about geting a geforec 7XXXseries or 8XXX series. you will do fine with either.
    directX 9 doesnt fully support all the features of current cards.
    directx 10 will be playing catchup and will better utilize the cards of the directX 9 genre:cheers:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    I already play a couple games that I can configure to bring an 8800 to its knees.