Battlefield 2142 troubles

Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
edited January 2007 in Gaming
Hey guys,

I am having some issues with BF2142. When I get into the game everything works fine until I actually start the board. Once I do everything is really chopped. If I move the mouse it will freeze and then try and catch up. I then get out of the game and the music carries into windows. Then everything is really bogged down. I updated all of my drivers and all of that fun stuff. I have done everything I can think of. If you have any tips let me know.

Thanks,

Comments

• NosferatuNosferatu Arizona
    edited January 2007
    It's not the best solution, but have you tried setting the BF2142 process to use a single CPU core? Bring up task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and under the "Processes" tab find the BF2142 process, right click and then hit "Set Affinity" and uncheck one of the cores. See if that helps. I play BF2 and early on there were many, many, problems like you describe. I believe I had solved one by doing what I suggested. I actually had to use a patch so it only ran on one core until EA/DICE released the next game patch.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    When it comes to EA games... especially the Battlefield series it has always been a rule to completely uninstall and then reinstall the game. It sucks, but it works.

Another thing is to clear the battlefield folder under your my documents folder... I forget the file paths and names, but when you do that BF2142 is forced to rebuild it which seems to help sometimes too.

This should work with 2142, I don't know for sure becuase I didn't buy it since EA has pissed me off to the last straw with their bull**** tactics of just releasing a new game before even fixing the actual problems of the last. Battlefield 1942 still has major issues last I checked.
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited January 2007
    EA is making me mad too. I bought Madden and Tiger 07 hoping that it would be much better. It does not even support widescreen. Not my favorite company!

thanks