External Enclosure

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited January 2007 in Hardware
Just curious if anyone knows of a good external enclosure with an SATA internal interface, and possibly a USB hub built in? I'd like to be able to stack several USB drives using a single USB cable. I wanna good look without the cable mess. I AM SICK OF CABLES!!! They are the ruin of my desk. Even though I only have a laptop.

IF NOT! Then possibly something like what the Mac Mini has... I've seen several addon's for Mac Mini's that are like base stations, shaped like the Mac Mini but thin and stackable. Is there a USB enclosure and a USB hub that go well together? It'd be nice if I could neatly stack these things. I'll probably have like 4-6 external enclosures of HDD's and maybe optical drives.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    is this for a SATA drive you already have?
    if its not then you might aswell go with a USB encloser that supports PATA.
    your gonna see the same performance via usb
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Yes existing SATA drive.
  • edited January 2007
    I have the whole cables problem as well...too many drives and then external drives on top of that. Not to mention my parent's taught me to share, so if I pull a hd out I hated having to get into the case all the time to do so. Also, I have more than one computer, so I will occasionally want to move a hd from one to the other. Well...this was the solution between my friends and I. Dunno if it's quite what you are looking for, but forget external enclosures...have everyone get one of these. I now have 4.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817123302