ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe sound driver out of date!!!

edited January 2007 in Hardware
Hi,

Can anyone answer this for me.

The ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe motherboard uses the same sound card driver as the M2N32 SLI Deluxe and the driver section under the M2N SLI Deluxe hasn't been updated and causes huge problems with crackling, high pitching in many games.

The drivers under M2N32 SLI Deluxe have been updated and this has fixes that the other motherboard mentioned above needs. It's only through googling forum after forum and posting, post after post that someone advised me I was using an old driver even though ASUS claim its the latest for the M2N SLI board when it clearly isn’t....

So does anyone know why this is the case and why the driver hasn’t been updated? I'd hate to be having to reference check each item of hardware and cross referencing it with other boards just to make sure I have the latest driver release. I know other hardware manufactures don’t do this for their motherboards.

On a side note all their BIOS releases have “Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website” under every version... just how many CPU’s do they support, surely there are more fixes in each BIOS release than that, and given BIOS releases are more frequent than the release of new CPU’s it makes it seem rather questionable..

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    They just updated it today, apparently. See my post here :)
  • edited January 2007
    Awwwwwww thanks bro!!! Does this come with equalizer? My music is sounding very poor without bass!!
    edited January 2007
    not sure. i literally JUST downloaded it and got it on the SM server as fast as I could. I have not installed it yet :)
  • edited January 2007
    not sure. i literally JUST downloaded it and got it on the SM server as fast as I could. I have not installed it yet :)

Same!! I'm rebooting now - just removed old drivers... shall let you know in a sec :)
  • edited January 2007
    We got bass this time!!!!!!
    edited January 2007
    nice!