dv9000t forgets about Bluetooth mouse

Instrument-MechanicInstrument-Mechanic SF Bay Area
edited May 2007 in Hardware
I have a dv9000t and a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. I primarily use the mouse, and recently, when the laptop returns from standby, it tries to see the mouse, and wont make a connection, the bluetooth icon just flashes for a while. If I turn the wireless manager off and on, then it will connect. It did not do this before, just the last few days, and I dont think I have made any changes. I should note, it did need a few seconds of shaking the mouse for it work before, but now it simply wont...

Any suggestions... Is it the mouse, or the bluetooth stack in the laptop?

I have also had issues with connecting my pda via bluetooth Active sync... maybe it is the bluetooth stack... good thing its still under warranty :-/

Comments

• Instrument-MechanicInstrument-Mechanic SF Bay Area
    edited January 2007
    Update!

I found that the only way to make it work (Bluetooth), is to turn the com manager on and off. Then it works untill I put the laptop into stand by.
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited January 2007
    Update!

I found that the only way to make it work (Bluetooth), is to turn the com manager on and off. Then it works untill I put the laptop into stand by.
    Thankyou for posting the follow up, Instrument Mechanic. Glad you got it sorted out. :thumbup

Another thing to check (I've seen this w/ USB devices) is Device Manager for power management on your blue tooth device.

I've had a similar problem w/ USB ports. I had to resort to turning off power management on the USB ports (in Device Manager) so that external HDDs remained accessible to backup programs (after a long period of system inactivity).

I'm not sure you'd want to do this w/ a laptop, however..... (conserving battery power and all...)
    edited January 2007
    Its really not sorted out, I still have to turn the wireless on and off (one switch that kills all wireless stacks) to make the bluetooth find the mouse. When the computer turns on, or returns from stand by, the Bluetooth icon in the system tray flashes white to green, when you shake the mouse, however will not find the mouse. If I flip the switch, then the icon does the same thing, but quickly finds the mouse.... Weird?!?

Worst part, is that it was working great, the laptop found the mouse within seconds of shaking the mouse, even when returning from standby/off. It found the mouse prior to being logged into the windows... I dont know what I did.. I have not made any recent changes that imediately forced the change...
  • edited May 2007
    My bluetooth just up and Died .. its not enabled and i reinstall, everthing, even system restore, and nothing .. really sad that this is a hardware issue . i really use bluetooth allot :mad:
    edited May 2007
    Wiggy wrote:
    My bluetooth just up and Died .. its not enabled and i reinstall, everthing, even system restore, and nothing .. really sad that this is a hardware issue . i really use bluetooth allot :mad:

I fixed the problem by returning the laptop to Costco and ordering a new one.

perhaps you can have hp send you the part and then you can install it, so you dont have to send it in. in the mean time you can get a 20.00 usb BT donggle... it could be a temp solution that will work as a back in the future... Before you return it, try reloading the os, maybe (unlikely) it will get it to work?
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2007

Costco = Best return policies in universe.
    edited May 2007
    I agree completely

If Costco has it, buy it there...
  • edited May 2007

perhaps you can have hp send you the part and then you can install it, so you dont have to send it in. in the mean time you can get a 20.00 usb BT donggle... it could be a temp solution that will work as a back in the future... Before you return it, try reloading the os, maybe (unlikely) it will get it to work?

I may do that .. just hope HP doesnt give me a warm time ...

I went and got a Dlink DBT-120, so that will keep me alive in the mean time
    dbt120_revC.jpg
  • edited May 2007
    DBT-120 not compatable with vista :o