CCC in Vista

edited January 2007 in Hardware
Hi guys,

Having recently upgraded to Vista (!) I have managed to get my x1900XT up and running - albeit fairly slowly (50-60fps in CS:S compared to up to 120fps before with no Vertical Sunc).

However, I just cant get Catalyst Control Centre installed - I've uninstalled and reinstalled many many times, to no avail. Anyone else tried this?

Ta much!

S

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    si_edgey wrote:
    Hi guys,

Having recently upgraded to Vista (!) I have managed to get my x1900XT up and running - albeit fairly slowly (50-60fps in CS:S compared to up to 120fps before with no Vertical Sunc).

However, I just cant get Catalyst Control Centre installed - I've uninstalled and reinstalled many many times, to no avail. Anyone else tried this?

Ta much!

S

Do you have Vertical Sync turned on now? If you do than your max frame rate is going to be whatever your refresh rate is on your monitor. And even with Vertical Sync turned off, having a higher framerate than your monitors refresh rate is going to do you no good. Most monitors refresh at 60 or 65 hertz. (60/65 times per seconds)
  • edited January 2007
    Hi there - should have made that clear, V sync is off in both cases. I'm not too fussed about the frame rate at the moment, if ATI release their final drivers and it's still only 50-60 I might just break down and cry, however I doubt that very much.

I would just like to get Catalyst Control Centre working - when I go to open it it comes up with the splash screen, then just says "Please wait while Windows gathers information..." or words to that effect, then closes!

I'll let you know what ATI say when they get back to me...anyone else with info on how their card performs in games under Vista?