Unable logon after leaving domain

edited January 2007 in Hardware
Hi
i just left the domain on my laptop and now i cant logon anymore... after this i started to surf on the internet and found that this is normal. I tried to logon with the Administrator account but even that doesnt work I even changed the password with a little program i found on the internet... but that didnt help.
Wat can i do? i would like to avoid having to reinstall everything because i have all my cds at home and i will go there in about 2months....

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Until you are back on the network with the DOMAIN that the laptop was a member of, there is nothing you can do. You must be on that network so your laptop can talk to a Domain Controller responsible for that domain.
  • edited January 2007
    i was reading a little on the internet and i read about a security hole during the windows xp installation where i can open a console and through that get access to the user controle panel, could i just do that and create a new account in there??
    cos its no problem to find a or download the cd and just do a repair... cos i can have someone from home tell me cd keys...
    edited January 2007
    Let's tackle this a little deeper :)

When you say "domain".. explain a little further what you mean.

My token answer to the above question is the same as previous. You cannot hack, tweak, expose or do anything to your machine to make it become a member of an NT or Active Directory domain once you have left it. The only way to rejoin the machine back to the domain is to reattached to that network and join the machine back on :)
  • edited January 2007
    well dunno wat i mean with domain..
    it was my schools domain, and the only thing that said that i was in it, was under the Computer name tab, when u go to properties of My Computer.
    And all i did there was just deleted wat it said about being in a domain and joined myselfe in a normal workgroup... then after i restarted i couldnt logon anymore...
    but now i sort helped myselfe i installed another version of windows on my laptop problem is its only win xp pro but this is a tablet pc so once i got my cds from home i guess i will have to reinstall that...
    well i guess i learned something :D never ever leave a domain!!
    edited January 2007
    Yep! Your machine was a member of a centrally controlled/administered network called a "domain" :)

Your user account on your laptop was a network wide account within that domain. Consider it as a centralized resource rather than local specifically to your machine :)

Don't leave a domain unless you know what you are doing!