Destined to Never RAID

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited January 2007 in Hardware
OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE FinG HELL is this damn error!!!!

File \winxp\nvraid.sys caused an unexpected error (18) at line 2108 in
d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.
mean?????

I went up to get my second raptor over 12 hours ago from the front office and I still dont have a damn working computer. I just had a damn long story typed up and I accidently hit the backspace on my mouse and its all ****ing gone!!!! Im so ****ing pissed right now. ON top of not being able to get it to work I lost like several pages of typing.....just to ****ing top it all off.

Lets see what Ive done so far today in short..several floppies, XP disks, floppy drives, many XP installs( some good, some stopped at adding raid drivers), several ISOs, a flying CD-R thrown as a frisbee, floppies that magically became write protected...I need to get away.

All I wanted was to get this installed today(should have been fine....) and get on with other things but I havent done a damn thing today because of this.

Anyone care to help? I am completely lost.

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    If this is on the nv controller you can try going into the RAID bios and select "Previous System". It may rebuild the array.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited January 2007
    I never had one. There was never an install across both drives.
    edited January 2007
    No help? Searching the internet has damn about as fruitless as this place..

Can I install XP to 1 drive and then spread it across both after isntalling the raid drivers in windows?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    What board?

What bios version?

Did you setup the raid for the 2 drives before installing Windows?
    edited January 2007
    Must have a wrong combo of incorrect drivers for the setup I had (Silicon Image vs nForce Array) or the wrong array build or something but the drivers I had on the floppy this time didnt give me the error (I know I had those same options before when loading off the floppy) and am formatting 141gb now. :) Hopefully this works. Been w/o this computer since yesterday.

Edit: Bah I meantioned I was using an SLI-DR in the original post before it got wiped. Not sure on BIOS revision since its formatting atm I cant check.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Can I install XP to 1 drive and then spread it across both after isntalling the raid drivers in windows?
    If you install the nvraid tool after installing Windows it is possible. I did play w/ this feature on my DFI board a few times and was impressed with how well the tool worked. I guess it couldn't hurt!
  • test_tube_tonytest_tube_tony Dallas TX Member
    edited January 2007
    i keep having a similar problem with an sli-dr. i have 2 raptors on the sil controller. ive modded the bios with the latest raid roms both for nvraid and sil3114. using the proper drivers too. nothing is on the nv sata controller, but it always bsods with the nvraid.sys mentioned in the error. also note that the sil and nv raid roms in the latest bios and and drivers in the disk that are on dfi's site, dont all match up. u'll need to modify your floppy. if you want the bios i made let me know. this board is a tricky pain in the @$$.