MB & CPU Temps?

RiptideRiptide Northern Canada New
edited February 2007 in Hardware
Question, I have a AMD X2 4600+ 2.4 GHz CPU with a AC 64 Freezer Pro heat sink. My motherboard is a Asus A8N-Sli Premium.

I've been running F@H on my new machine for about 15 hrs. My temps are 46 C for the CPU (CPU fan = 1328 rpm's) and 36 C for the MB.

Are these normal temps? I'm gonna assume that b/c I haven't OC'd anything that is should be alright. But I just wanna be sure, as I've never really monitored my temps before.

Comments

• PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited January 2007
    Riptide wrote:
    Question, I have a AMD X2 4600+ 2.4 GHz CPU with a AC 64 Freezer Pro heat sink. My motherboard is a Asus A8N-Sli Premium.
    I've been running F@H on my new machine for about 15 hrs. My temps are 46 C for the CPU (CPU fan = 1328 rpm's) and 36 C for the MB.
    Are these normal temps? I'm gonna assume that b/c I haven't OC'd anything that is should be alright. But I just wanna be sure, as I've never really monitored my temps before.
    Hi Riptide
    These are my readings for my Asus M2V motherboard. Will dig through my manual later on today to see if they are w/in tolerance. Not getting any warnings or alerts in BIOS w/ these specs, though.
    • CPU 40C/104F
    • MB 46C/114.5F
    • CPU Fan >/= 3068RPM
    • VCore = 1.360V
    • 3.3V = 3.360V
    • 5V = 4.999V
    • 12V = 11.612V
  • urdurd
    edited January 2007
    and i was worrying about 42C on my motherboard / chipset ..

To Riptide,
    Socket 939 seems to run a lot hotter. I've previously had 3500+ and seen 4000+ S939 and it seems they run in 45 ~ 55 range whether you're overclocking or not. But why is your heatsink Fan running so slow. When i checked in Bios for my Freezer 64 Pro, it seems both in my previous S939 and AM2, the RPM value is in +2000. Make sure if Cool and Quiet is disabled (mine is).
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    While they are tolerable and within spec I would look to lower those readings if possible. Case ventilation would be my first place to look by adding a fan or two. It is by far the cheapest method and won't hurt anything.
  • RiptideRiptide Northern Canada New
    edited January 2007
    I'm running 2x 80mm front fans, and 1 120mm rear fan. There's a hole that's open for a 80mm fan on the top, which isn't being used (space issue w/ P/S cables), and an 80mm side fan which is in place, but not hooked up. There isn't room for larger fans in the front, or more fans in the rear. However I am shopping for a full size case. Which come payday I can pickup.
    edited January 2007
    Next question would be; How congested are things inside the case and how big is the case? Rerouting cables and organizing the mess of wires can do wonders sometimes.
    edited January 2007
    It's pretty tight. I had to use a screwdriver to connect the SATA connectors to the MB, cause my finger couldn't fit in there. My other concern is that the airflow is hampered by the two video cards, which is 'trapping' the air in the lower part of the case.
    edited January 2007
    If you removed the side panel and aimed a household fan at the open side and your temps drop by more than 2-3 degrees C i would say you may want to think about a bigger case if it is cramped inside.
    edited January 2007
    Problem solved. I just ordered a Thermaltake VA8000 Armor Super Tower Case. Which will hopefully solve both the heat issues, as well as the congestion in the case. Sadly it's on backorder from NCIX, and I have no clue when it will arrive.
  • edited February 2007
    M2N32-SLI Deluxe
    AMD 4800+ Oced to 2.95

CPU: 34-35c
    MB: 36-38c

Im using NZXT Zero case, Zalman 9500, Running a 8800GTX but got a Dynatron exhaust blower below it. Man that things pumps out hot air.

GPU: 58c