bad memory?

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited January 2007 in Hardware
Lately I've been getting alot of BSOD's (maybe once or twice a week), and every time it says something about memory failure. Its a gig stick of pc2 4200 in my inspiron E17065. I bought it as an upgrade and recently its been giving me problems.. I also have a 256mb stick of something that came stock with the laptop. I took out the gig of OCZ and now its been running find and I havent been getting any bluescreens.

Now my question is, how can i go about getting a refund/replacement since I bought it over the summer? I got it from newegg, and I doubt i still have the receipt, but its probably in the order history or something. Also, would OCZ's warreny cover it? thanks for any advice

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2007
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited January 2007
    I tried testing it a while ago but it didnt report any errors. I'll give it another try.

edit - I dont have any cd's and is a laptop so i cant make a floppy. :(
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Are you running just the OCZ ram or the old ram and the OCZ together?
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Don't worry, you will still have a warranty on the product through OCZ. If you test the OCZ stick alone and find it giving errors, send me or Ryder an email with this thread linked. Our email adresses is usually in our signatures.