Issue's seeing both video cards!

RiptideRiptide Northern Canada New
edited January 2007 in Hardware
So my system is up and running. A buddy said I should do a performance test. I downloaded 3D Mark 06. I ran the test but came back with a very low score (~3500). My friend said that wasn't high enough, and that I should be at least above 7000. And that 3D mark probably wasn't seeing both cards. So I had a look and sure enough it only see's 1 device. Display Device 1/1

I know after we installed Windows XP Pro (during the initial install), and downloaded the latest display drivers, I had to update the driver for the second card, as it wasn't done automatically when the nvidia display drivers (ver. 6.14.10.9371) was installed. But after I installed the driver, the system is seeing both cards, or at least I can see the temps on each card (GPU1 & GPU2). It just doesn't look like it's using them both. I've tried updating the driver, but it said there were no better options than what was currently installed.

Any ideas? :confused:

EDIT: I just ran a second test, and it came back 6966. But everything was lagged to hell and back. To the point where I could'nt even open the detailed results, and was forced to do a re-boot. I'm gonna run the test again to see if it's seeing the 2nd card. Meh! it's still only seeing 1 card. Which means my score is probably in line with my hardware. But could be better if it's using both cards...

EDIT#2: Third test ran 6970 . Which, looking at other tests looks decent & inline with the hardware. However the fact that 3dmark doesn't see (or tell me it see's) the 2nd video card worries me. Should it bother me?

Also, the monitor flash's between black & the normal display (about a 6 second pause before flashing black again). Everything is pratically frozen. I can't see the start menu and all of my desktop icons are missing (there's around 15 there). For me to do anything I would have to re-boot the system using the hard reset.

Ideas anyone?

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Have you tried removing all the drivers and than re-installing them?
  • RiptideRiptide Northern Canada New
    edited January 2007
    I uninstalled the drivers, and re-installed them. I received a popup notification saying that SLI was enabled. 3D Mark is still showing only 1/1 Display Devices. However "Linked Display Adapters = true".

But now, when I try running the 3D Mark 06, it won't even complete the test. It freeze's on the 4th test (Anartica?). I have to hit the reset button. WTF!?
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    have you tired out both card individually to make sure they are both working
  • RiptideRiptide Northern Canada New
    edited January 2007
    Ok, so I didn't do anything (other than restart it twice), as the system isn't connected to the net currently. And I ran another test. It worked fine, and gave me a better score (7378) than I was getting before (6970). And it wasn't freezing the system after the tests were done (as it had everytime previously). So I guess it's working fine. However it still only says 1/1 Display Devices. Could someone else with Sli open the system details and see what it says for them in regards to display devices?