Standalone SATA preceeds RAID Array

edited January 2007 in Hardware
2x Raptor RAID0 Array
1 400gb Maxtor
ASUS P5N SLI SE Deluxe mobo
All 3 connected to the NV raid controller

BIOS sees Raptors first as they are connected to port 1 & 2 and the maxtor last as it's connected to port 3.

Windows however demands that the maxtor is ID 0 and the array ID 1
Installing windows with all connected results in windows demanding that a partition is available on the maxtor even though I'm setting up the os on the raid and then proceeds to mark the Maxtor as the drive C:

If I disable the second SATA channel (ports 3&4) and with it the maxtor then I can install windows fine on the array and it's drive C:
Connecting the maxtor back results in the system not finding any system partition.

I'm at a loss, the bios clearly states that raid should be first boot priority but the system is being extremely stubborn and I'm lost.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited January 2007
    in the bios make sure that the 1st boot option is set to the NVRAID controler. also is the NVRAID controler the only sata controler on the board? you may want to switch it from the NVRAID to the other controler.
  • edited January 2007
    There is another RAID controller but it has only 1 connector on the mobo and is meant to raid an internal and an external SATA drive.

The boot order is set for the NV RAID

My only thought is that in the BIOS I have to enable raid on each of the 4 ports and right now it's only enabled for the 2 raptors, maybe setting that option in the BIOS will change the order if I enable it for the maxtor... hmmmm