Where to buy a digital signal receiver?

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited January 2007 in Hardware
Not exactly sure what to call it. Motorola calls it a digital video set-top. Basically I want to buy a digital "box" for my cable to enable me to watch the cable channels. I can't watch the digital channels w/o a box and I'd like to be able to get those extra channels in the bedroom.

Anyone have experience with this?

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Your cable co.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    That looks like the only place. No idea what they cost or what they have available.
    edited January 2007
    You need to get it from them because if you don't they'll think you're stealing cable (which, effectively, you are if you don't go through them). The best thing to do is probably just to call them.
    edited January 2007
    Yeah I'll call them. But I pay for digital so I don't think I'm stealing. I just can't receive it cause I don't have a box in that room.
    Sorta like I pay for internet but I don't lease my modem from them ...I bought that so I only pay for the ISP ...no modem lease.
    edited January 2007
    It's lame, but I'd guess that it's explicitly in your contract that you're paying to have digital cable on one receiver.
    edited January 2007
    shwaip wrote:
    It's lame, but I'd guess that it's explicitly in your contract that you're paying to have digital cable on one receiver.
    Possibly. So if they sell me a DSR that would mean it's illegal to use it! LOL
    That makes sense! I'll have to call I guess.