NF7-S SATA 2 drives without raid

Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
edited January 2007 in Hardware
After doing some searching I found this thread http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40416&highlight=nf7-s+sata which has a link detailing setup of sata raid. I currently have my OS hd as primary master on ide. I've just installed 160gb and 500gb drives on sata that I'd like to use as storage seperately. The SATA boot detects the drives and allowed me to format them, but they don't show up in Windows. According to the guide in the link, they should be detected fine. Any ideas?

Comments

• PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited January 2007
    Nolf-Job wrote:
    After doing some searching I found this thread http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40416&highlight=nf7-s+sata which has a link detailing setup of sata raid. I currently have my OS hd as primary master on ide. I've just installed 160gb and 500gb drives on sata that I'd like to use as storage seperately. The SATA boot detects the drives and allowed me to format them, but they don't show up in Windows. According to the guide in the link, they should be detected fine. Any ideas?
    But you're not trying to use RAID right?

If you're getting prompted to format during POST, I believe that's the RAID controller talkin', yes? Have you disabled RAID in the BIOS?

One reason the drives may not be showing up in windows after having configured them through the RAID controller during post is the RAID drivers aren't installed in Windows. (Do the drives show up in [ Start \ Administrative Tools \ Computer Management \ Storage \ Disk Management] ?

I may be totally off :crazy: . I'm no RAID expert that's for sure. I'll read the thread, etc. to be sure I'm not wacko here.

EDIT://
    I read through the thread you referenced. Have you tried (w/ your IDE HDD disconnected for safety's sake) removing the RAID? I believe prof' mentioned that in the last post of the thread.

After you've done this, reconnect your primary HDD then disconnect one of the new SATA drives. Get the one that's still connected working and showing up in Windows. Then do the same w/ the remaining SATA drive.
  • Nolf-JobNolf-Job Inside each and every one of you!
    edited January 2007
    ha, so big ol' brain fart on this one. It probably would have helped if I had installed the sata drivers before making a lot of extra work for myself.

Thanks though Pterocarpous.
  • PterocarpousPterocarpous Rosie the Riveter Lives On in CA, USA! New
    edited January 2007
    Nolf-Job wrote:
    ...ha, so big ol' brain fart on this one. It probably would have helped if I had installed the sata drivers before making a lot of extra work for myself...Thanks though Pterocarpous...
    Ahhhhh..... the SATA drivers. Didn't think of that! It's nice when, once and a while, a problem we run across has a simple solution in the end though, right?... :smiles:

EDIT://
    But hadn't you already installed Windows? Ahhh, you hadn't installed your mobo SATA drivers yet, yes? Ok, I got it... :rolleyes2