ID3 Writer

V-PV-P State College, PA Member
edited January 2007 in Internet & Media
So I removed all the ID3 tags from my music collection back when I had an iPod so that it wouldn't automatically sort everything, but now I got a Sansa and I miss the album art and the ID3 tags. Is there anything that will automatically go through a collection and write tags automatically just by reading the title and searching the net. Media Monkey does this, but it does this one at a time and that can get a bit boring so is there anything that will do this for my whole library in the background.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Zortam ID3 Editor. Make sure your files are named uniformly (IE, ARTIST - SONG.MP3) and it'll write ID3-1/2 tags.
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited January 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Zortam ID3 Editor. Make sure your files are named uniformly (IE, ARTIST - SONG.MP3) and it'll write ID3-1/2 tags.
    Thanks Thrax, I'm trying it now. And they're all uniform so it should work.
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited January 2007
    Thrax, I got it to write Title, and Artist, but since the files names didn't contain album or track, it couldn't write anything else. Am I missing a setting here, or do I need something else for it to search the web for the correct album and track and write it?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Musicbrainz.