Burning SVCD image over 2 CDs using Nero

nonstop301nonstop301 51° 27' 24.87" N // 0° 11' 38.91" W Member
edited January 2007 in Internet & Media
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to make a SVCD with Nero but I'm having problems with the size of the output after the .avi file is converted to the SVCD format.

The output image will be 1,4 Gb after the conversion, but I don't know how to set Nero to allow me to burn the image over 2 CDs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    Split the original file beforehand? If it's an avi, you can use VirtualDub.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2007
    You can use a program called AVIChopper or AVISplitter (Can't remember which name is right), to chop the file in half +/-20MB.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited January 2007
    Nero is kinda touchy and the quality of the final file isn't that good. I use TMPGenc to convert the avi to mpeg and then use vcdeasy to burn it as svcd. There's a tutorial here for TMPGenc http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/tmpgenc_svcd.html
  • nonstop301nonstop301 51° 27' 24.87" N // 0° 11' 38.91" W Member
    edited January 2007
    Hi Black Hawk,

I haven't split the .avi and that thought didn't occur to me :)

The .avi is 700 Mb so you're saying I should split that into 2 first and then convert each piece with Nero.

I will try that and use the VirtualDub program you also pointed for the splitting.

I appreciate your rapid response as well :thumbsup::)

______
    EDIT://

I just noticed the additional posts from Thrax and DogSoldier :)

I will check the AVIsplitter as well although I am familiar with VirtualDub already since I have used it before but didn't know it could split the .avi as well :)

I didn't know that Nero isn't very reliable with the conversion of an .avi to the SVCD format. I haven't converted an .avi to SVCD before but it is necessary in this case. I'll check the TMPGenc you suggest DogSoldier and do you think it's all right to burn the SVCD image with Nero afterwards ?
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited January 2007
    nonstop, I've burned svcd and vcd with both Nero and Vcdeasy and I've always been more satisfied with Vcdeasy. Although, it isn't freeware, you can dl a trial version but it only burns up to 200MB. With TMPGenc, you can split the movie and adjust the video bitrate to either bring down the file size, or up, in order to get a better fit on your CD. I'm convinced TMPGenc produces a better, cleaner mpeg then anything out there.