M-Audio Sonica USB Audio

MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
edited May 2005 in Science & Tech
Audio is usually the last item on the priority list for a computer buyer. M-Audio has one solution with the external Sonica USB audio card. This simple device delivers 24 bit/96kHz audio in analog or digital straight to the desktop speakers or home theatre system.

Comments

• edited January 2005
    this is the most comprehensive review i have ever read on such a device, cheers to all the research and internal pictures taken of the product. its very in-depth and fantastically written.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Yes, MM certainly is comprehensive. Glad you enjoyed the read, I know he appreciates your feedback.

Btw - Welcome to Short-Media.com. Share your knowledge or soak some up for yourself, 'tis your call. :)
  • edited May 2005
    Due respect the the other "unregistered," but I cannot call this review comprehensive in any meaningful way. It's great that MM notes that numbers on product spec. sheets often tell far less than the whole story, this could not be more true.

HOWEVER, he then simply lets the matter drop and moves on to other issues (like SRS and surround options)! Why not listen to the device, compare it with other output devices/DACs and see what you can hear. In the end (issues of subjectivity aside), our ears are the most sophisticated audio measurment tools we have available. It seems odd not to use them.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited May 2005
    Nice article, MM. People are still commenting on it six months later! :thumbsup: