Anyone used the EVGA motherboards?

sociable-nomadsociable-nomad New Zealand - The land of the long white cloud
edited March 2007 in Hardware
Im just startin on the voyage towards a new system and have read a few reviews on the EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR, nForce 680i SLI board on new egg.

anyone here had any experiance with these? just dont wanna get a lemon

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited February 2007
    Though i don't have one of those boards, try these links. Much better than just newegg.

Google

Overclockers New Zealand

Jon
  • sociable-nomadsociable-nomad New Zealand - The land of the long white cloud
    edited February 2007
    As a first time builder (and OCer) Ill let everyone know how it goes when I finally get all the parts together and have the system running. the component list is a living document at the mo but stay tuned.

Cheerz DV8 from across the Tazman - SN -
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited February 2007
    I have one. It's given me no problems at all. I've only had it crash once and that was due to overclocking. This is an overclockers board. If you don't plan to overclock I suggest you save some money and look for a different board. But if you do plan to, this is the board for you. I've owned countless boards through the years, and this one is by far the easiest to overclock. Being able to keep the memory and cpu fsb speeds completely seperate is fantastic. You're never limited by your memory speed.

If you're comfortable with is, replace the heatsink compound under the chipset fan with some Arctic Silver. I didn't and wish I had because it runs quite hot. The supplied fan is a must install.

I run:
    Intel Core2Duo 6300 at 3ghz (up from 1.86ghz)
    2gb Buffalo Firestix DDR800 (stock speeds)
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited March 2007
    I was just looking at this motherboard today for my next computer. Good to know it's treating you very well Madball. BTW - What are you cooling your processor with?
  • MadballMadball Fort Benton, MT
    edited March 2007
    An Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro. It works pretty well. Not very loud. I have all the fans turned way down for noise reduction and it runs at 52C at idle. Still not a single glitch w/ this mobo.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I have used a handful of the cheap boards EVGA gives out with Graphic Cards and a few boards that were spec'ed higher. Not the best in Overclocking, but great boards overall with good build layouts :)