Computer Works One Day, then Freezes on Boot the Next Day. Help, Please

edited February 2007 in Hardware
Well this is the problem I've had with my computer. Suppose I use it 1 day. It works just fine during that day, I turn it off and the next day I turn it on it just freezes at the start up screen where windows is loading. So I have to either system restore or use "Use last known good settings" everytime. Then after doing that for a week or 2, it just freezes forever, system restore doesnt' work and last known good settings doesnt work. So I have to format and I end up at the same situation at the starting.

I scanned using antivirus and everything, it doesnt help. I know its not my HD because its brand new. No one has been able to help me solve this problem. Anyone got a solution?

Comments

• Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited February 2007
    Do you overclock any components in your computer?
  • edited February 2007
    I don't even know how to overclock components
  • Bad_KarmaBad_Karma The Great White North
    edited February 2007
    That's a stumper. I'm afraid all I know what to do now is to start eliminating hardware components. Start with just the hardrive, 1 stick of memory (ram), and vid card if not integrated into motherboard. If everything is fine, start adding the rest of your components one at a time until you reproduce the same problem you were having. If however you get the error right at the start with the basic components installed we need to check to see if it is your ram, hd drive, or Vid card. Please keep in mind that your motherboard may be faulty as well. You can also test your memory by using http://www.memtest86.com/. Follow the instructions carefully. Sometimes finding the problem is just messing around with the configuration until you find the problem. Go through what I have suggested and post your results back. Also don't discount that Hard Drive. Go to your HD manufacturer's website and download their harddrive testing utility. Run it just to eliminate the hard drive. Hopefully one of our regular guru's stop by this thread and add their much wiser 2 cents.