Tweaking my FPS in WoW

edited February 2007 in Hardware
Hey all,
As i have been playing WoW TBC i have noticed very low frames per second and is somewhat making my experience less fun.

I ask my guild and they say their average Fps is around 40 fps or sometimes higher

my standard fps is 10-20 fps with an occasional 30 fps when i enter inns and small buildings

I own an intel macbook with 1 gig of ram and the standard video card

Lowering my video qualities in WoW does not help so much

Soo, Is there anything I can do outside of wow to increase my FPs

Thanks!

Comments

• airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Sounds like you have integrated graphics, which is the reason your system is choking. afaik there is not much for you to do. You might try lowering the resolution some and killing some of the effects.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    Get a better graphics card? It's hard to say without knowing your system specs.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    RWB wrote:
    Get a better graphics card? It's hard to say without knowing your system specs.

well, he said that he had a macbook, so what ever he has he is probably stuck with.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    yeah, the macbook isn't exactly a gaming system, i have one also, not playing any games on it, which i am kind of glad.
  • edited February 2007
    is there any option in system prefs i can adjust
    heh ive heard that macbooks are not the optimal computer for these games and i think i regret not getting a macbook pro with raedeon x1600

i was thinking if i changed the resolution of the entire computer before i started playing Wow if that would help?
    or changed the millions of colors to thousands??
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I just had to reread the post 2 more times to find that bloody macbook reference LOL... damn I must be going blind
    cdc3 wrote:
    is there any option in system prefs i can adjust
    heh ive heard that macbooks are not the optimal computer for these games and i think i regret not getting a macbook pro with raedeon x1600

i was thinking if i changed the resolution of the entire computer before i started playing Wow if that would help?
    or changed the millions of colors to thousands??

In a word, no. I can't remember all the settings in WOW but basically just dumb EVERYTHING down as much as possible, set the screen resolution to like 800x600 at 16bit and see how it goes, and then slowly rise individual settings until you find a good performance/visual quality you like.