Finger Cut - Computer Won't Boot! HELP

edited February 2007 in Hardware
Hello everyone I hope this is the right section. Basically earlier today I was useing my computer just like normal until my HDs where getting a bit hot (I use speed fan one was reading 52 C) so I decided to let it cool for a bit before useing it again. Anyways I have my PC situated on the desk right next to my monitor with a clear viewing panel. I noticed that my side fan was making a noise so I decided to slide the side panel off while the computer was booting (yea I know real dumb but at the time I assumed that since i was just going to move a wire away from the fan no problem). Anyways, as I was moving the wire away from the fan my middle finger on my left hand touched the heat sink fan and started bleeding (ended up becoming a cut in the nail a bit but lucky no major injury). As this happened the computer was loading windows at the loading screen and as a reaction I hit the power button on my surge protector. Left my comp, treaded my finger and returned.

The Problem:

Since then when I start my computer everything loads fine. It goes to the option where you can choose between safe mode, normal mode, last working configuartion and the safe mode with network option. Regardless what option I choose it goes to the window loading screen after a few seconds then says "No signal input" and restarts the computer. Regardless what option I choose the end result is the same restarting. I should note the heat sink fan is running normally so honesty I am at a point where I am lost what to do.

Computer specs:

3800 X2 Athlon
2 GB of RAM
radeon x700 pci
XP home edition

Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    Boot from the Windows CD, go to the Recovery Console, type in chkdsk /r , hit Enter, then see if you can boot normally.
  • edited February 2007
    Thanks it did the trick however now having trouble with my video card. Since this thread is only for boot issues I made a new thread the Graphics Hardware section any help would be greatly apperciated.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    Glad to hear that things are looking up. :cheers:

I'll look for your new thread. :)