ATI 700 Pro - Wont Start- Please help.

edited March 2007 in Hardware
A few days ago I had this problem regarding my computer booting windows however have since then been taken care of however there is still one major problem.

What matter what I do I can't seem to get my ATI 700 pro to work. It simply wont accept drivers. I install them, restart my computer only for the computer to tell me "No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. Please install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware." I have uninstall all the drivers using the disc that came with my ATI then installing the ones off the disc still not working. I have tried going to ATI website and installing the latest drivers and still no dice. The most annoying thing about it is all my web pages are choppy due to the fact that I don't have an active video card. Please if anyone can help my problem that would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited February 2007
    I am guessing this is in a tower? If so try removing the card from your system and place it back in... or what we would call "re-seat your card" make sure the power cable is connected "if needed".
  • edited March 2007
    I had the X700 pro but have since upgraded. When I upgraded I gave that card to my flat mate who had exactly the same problem - he was switching from a 9700pro before.

It was solved by booting into safe mode, running Driver Cleaner (google it) to clear out all traces of ATI drivers, turning of PC, reseating the card as mentioned above and then booting as normal.

Windows should then recognise it. Good luck!