new pc build... major issuesss...... :( plz help

edited February 2007 in Hardware
hey im building a new pc and have some problems with it... it has a aopen nck804@939 motherboard with a amd athalon 3700 cpu... 320 gig seagate hd 16mb cache sata2 jumpered to sata
ati radeon x1600 pro 512mb pci-e and 1 gig memory the psu that came with the case was a 550 watt okia and i had some issues with it because there was no video when i turned the pc on.. it also made no beeps.. then it wouldnt turn on at all. no light on mb and the psu would just make a high pitch sound so i trew it away since it wouldnt work :sad2: .... then i tried a 240 watt psu from an hp pc and a 128mb ati radeon pci video card... it worked so i installed windows and everything then i bought a new psu at the pc store... installed my x1600.. everything worked well till last nite... pc just froze and wouldnt respond so i turned it of with power button. now when i start it up no video again just like last timeeeeee....... then after tryin again the light on mobo wouldnt come on anymore and pc wont turn on... the psu is makinq the high pitch sound again. so i tried a psu from another computer... a IBS 450 watt and that wont work either, just a high pitch sound... this psu works in another pc tho...

figured out that the mobo was touching the metal part of case so i put it on plastic standoffs and now its good..

now it turns on and the psu doesnt make a noise anymoree.... but when i put in the x1600 it shows the mobo logo and option to enter bios and 2 sec later goes blank... no video to screen or anything but the pc is still on....

tried the pci video card (ati radeon) and it works like a charm...

do you guys think i shoul rma this mobo back or is it fixablee???? since i dont really wanna return a good mobo since i gotta pay shipping wait long time and **** like that...

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    Take all the parts out and reassemble the computer outside of the case. You should place the MB on something non-conductive. (The box it came in is good for this.)

Reset the BIOS and see what luck you have then. :)
  • edited February 2007
    um if i disconnected everything like hd and all that how will i know that it will boot past windowss since the x1600 works until it like starts bootin windows then it loses signal... or can i also connect hd and see what happens?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited February 2007
    Build the entire computer outside the case. The MB, CPU, Heatsink & Fan, HD, Video Card, PSU, etc - the whole works.

Before you do that you might try a BIOS reset while it's still inside the case, just to see if that does it.