Acer 26" LCD Monitor

Formula-1Formula-1 Hickory NC
edited February 2007 in Hardware
Hi all

I ran across this monitor at Newegg and noticed a few buyer's reviews saying it is a good deal.
I am wondering if anyone here has seen/used one of them and if so, what do you think of it? Or maybe knows of a tech site that has reviewed it. I did a google, but only came up with stores selling it, no real reviews.
I am mostly interested in how well it might work for gaming.

Comments

• tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited February 2007
    Well, if it were me, I'd buy an LCD tv and also use it as a computer moniter. I know that moniters resolution is a hell of a lot higher than a tv, but still....My friend has a 32" LCD tv that he also has hooked up to his pc. Its an insignia tv that he got on sale for like $500 and the picture quality is very good. I'm pretty sure LG makes the actual screen part of it. If you already have a nice HD tv then go with that one.
  • Formula-1Formula-1 Hickory NC
    edited February 2007
    Hi

Thanks.
    That really isn't an option for me, since my computer desk is not near the TV. And a 26" would be the biggest monitor that would properly fit my desk. It is a large corner type desk. I do like your thinking though. Having a 32" TV as a pc monitor would be awesome.
  • Park_7677Park_7677 Missouri Member
    edited February 2007
    I have an Acer 22'' LCD similar to that. I love it except the base. MANY people complain about the base feeling weak and if you bump the desk it shakes. I have a big heavy desk so it's no problem for me but keep that in mind. The picture on Newegg shows the same base I have.

Otherwise the monitor works great.
  • Formula-1Formula-1 Hickory NC
    edited February 2007
    Thanks mate

Sounds like it should be a winner.