Hard Drive somehow got formatted - have tons of pictures lost!

edited March 2007 in Hardware
Hi,

Thanks in advance to any and all responses to my delema.

Yesterday I was beginning to dump all my pictures from my data hard drive (300G) to DVD's and had some network problems in the middle of doing this. Later that day I tried to resolve the network problems, and found that my hard drive with over 200 Gigs of pictures (both personal and some professional) was wiped clean! The only folder on it was the RECOVERY folder, with no files in it at all.

I checked my Norton protected recovery folder, and didn't find anything in it that related to the hard drive that got formatted (I'm assuming).

I did a virus scan on the computer, and found no viruses on it.

The hard drive is not the primary drive, and is a 300 Gig drive, but I'm at work right now, so don't know the make/model.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated! I have about a decade of pictures on there, with backups only up to 2005. I know, I should have kept up with the backups, but didn't, so will lose all pics for 2006 and 2007, which some of them are professional pics of weddings, senior pics, etc.

Thanks!
Ron

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2007
    See if TestDisk can find any partitions on the screwed up drive. If so, let it try and restore them. :)