M2N-SLI Deluxe problems

RMFRMF
edited March 2007 in Hardware
Hi Guys,

Today I received all of my new parts that I needed to build my new system. I put it all together without a hitch or so I thought. I tried to power it up and my fans spun for a second and then stopped again. I tried it again and the same thing. I then tried taking it apart again piece by piece to try to eliminate the problem and finally got around to only the motherboard in my tray with the CUP and cooler attached. Same thing. I then took it out of the tray and tried a different power supply. Same problem. It just won't fire up.

Now I realise that the board is probably dead, but I thought that I'd ask anyway. Can anyone think of any reasons why this would do this?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    RMF wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Today I received all of my new parts that I needed to build my new system. I put it all together without a hitch or so I thought. I tried to power it up and my fans spun for a second and then stopped again. I tried it again and the same thing. I then tried taking it apart again piece by piece to try to eliminate the problem and finally got around to only the motherboard in my tray with the CUP and cooler attached. Same thing. I then took it out of the tray and tried a different power supply. Same problem. It just won't fire up.

Now I realise that the board is probably dead, but I thought that I'd ask anyway. Can anyone think of any reasons why this would do this?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

The only thing that comes to mind is if you didn't have standoffs on your case so that the mobo wouldn't short when you booted. Did you smell anything when you turned it on?
  • edited March 2007
    Are there any lights on the board even before you power it on, is the LAN port showing green and orange lights. Do you have the 12v power connector plugged into the board?
  • RMFRMF
    edited March 2007
    Thanks guys, the problem is now solved. It wasn't shorting out though as I tried it out of the case sitting only on a rubber mat and it still did it. Anyway, new board..fired right up. The only problem now is that my Raptor seems really sluggish. Took about 45 minutes to format during the windows set up and on booting up the OS it seems very slow and the installation seems to be completely ****ed. No internet explorer even..only an empty IE folder in my program files. Atleast it's alive though, so I'll try work it out when I get home from work.
  • RMFRMF
    edited March 2007
    RMF wrote:
    Thanks guys, the problem is now solved. It wasn't shorting out though as I tried it out of the case sitting only on a rubber mat and it still did it. Anyway, new board..fired right up. The only problem now is that my Raptor seems really sluggish. Took about 45 minutes to format during the windows set up and on booting up the OS it seems very slow and the installation seems to be completely ****ed. No internet explorer even..only an empty IE folder in my program files. Atleast it's alive though, so I'll try work it out when I get home from work.
    Just to update, when I got home from work I reformatted the drive which went normally and reinstalled windows without any further problems. The new PC is now fully operational and I can happily say that it is currently lightnight fast in comparison to what I was working with yesterday. As George would say..mission accomplished!
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Glad to hear it RMF! :thumbsup: