New Hardware? Question

Trance-Lord-SnyderTrance-Lord-Snyder Eastern PA Member
edited March 2007 in Hardware
After recovering from an unbootable PC, my computer now boots up just fine, however it tells me I have a new PCI device which I can only imagine would be my sound card. It's the only PCI device in my computer and it's not new. It's been in there since day one. It works too. Any clue why windows would tell me there's a new device? If there is a way to disable the new hardware wizard, that'll work too. In the device manager it says "This device is not configured correctly (Code 1). It also says it is not using any resources which doesn't make sense if my sound is working...

Comments

• KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited March 2007
    Do you still have sound if you remove it?

Probably a dumb ? - are your leads plugged in to the card - or the back of the case where your ports are.
  • Trance-Lord-SnyderTrance-Lord-Snyder Eastern PA Member
    edited March 2007
    If I tell windows to remove it, disable it, or uninstall drivers, my sound still works. I just started noticing a clicking in my speakers a few minutes ago so I'm going to reseat the card and see if the new hardware wizard goes away. The leads are plugged into the sound card and not the onboard sound. The only PCI cards I have is the sound card, and the 8800 GTS which is PCI Express 16x.
  • Trance-Lord-SnyderTrance-Lord-Snyder Eastern PA Member
    edited March 2007
    I removed the card and put it back in place and the clicking noise in my speakers stopped, but windows still says there's new hardware.