Core 2 Duo components!

panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
edited March 2007 in Hardware
Hello all, I'll be building a Core 2 Duo system and I could use your help selecting components for him.

CPU Is already selected, the E6600.

I'd like to know the ideal motherboard and RAM combo (2 x 1GB) to go with this CPU. This machine is for gaming so I'd like very quick stock performance since I don't like OC'ing too much (real bad luck with data corruption on hard drives with my OC efforts).

SLI - I already have one 7950GT, I would consider getting a second if SLI really does increase performance so much that it'd be worth another 270bucks to get one.

I'll be getting some hard drives to go along with this for a RAID, I don't need more than 200GB, and I'd like 16MB cache.

Any suggestions you could offer for these requirements would be great!

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    If you're not going to overclock, it doesn't really matter what motherboard you get, to be frank. Stay away from the crappy brands, stick to the names you know, and you'll be fine.

Memory doesn't really matter either, since you're not overclocking: Any well-known PC6400 will be fine. OCZ, Corsair, Patriot, Crucial, etc.

As for HDD: WD or Seagate SATA-II. Find the cheapest with your requirements.