Crashed and burned

SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
edited March 2007 in Folding@Home
My team 93 touring rig has had an accident added an extra 512Mb of pc3200, and did some dusting turned it on and lights fans spin and a smell of cooking dust, and nowt else. He will have open case surgery in the morning.:eek::confused:

PS 300 hours into a 400 hour WU.

Comments

• KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited March 2007
    Hope the WU takes up again from the last auto save point, (that's what mine does - frequent rural power cuts).

Lets hope you don't have to have "transplant" surgery :)

Love the new avatar Spike
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited March 2007
    It should survive it was stopped when the accident occurred, and it can go live in another box with the same MOBO, hopefully no permanent loss, as a forum Moderator on the Micromart-UK website I should know enough to rebuild him;)

the new avvy is courtesy of our tame cartoonist Unicross and terry pratchett no image of Wii dangerous SPIKE available so I got Rob abody
  • KentigernKentigern Milton Keynes UK
    edited March 2007
    should know enough to rebuild him
    Hmmmmmm - suddenly brought to mind the $6,ooo,ooo man - I digress :)
    as a forum Moderator on the Micromart-UK website
    In that case one can expect a full recovery
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    maybe just a power supply that ran out of smoke.
    edited March 2007
    edcentric wrote:
    maybe just a power supply that ran out of smoke.
    Aahh another true believer, yes it may have run out of smoke. Luckilly i have another which is fully smoked up to trial with, though the MOBO is my Primesuspect:wink:
    edited March 2007
    well it is the MOBO luckilly I have another of the same type should be up and running tommorow.:D should have an athlon 2600 soon, a step up from the sempron IMO.

ITS ALIVE only silly is I have the athlon 2200 from the donor rig in it but mebbe the increase in 2nd level cache may help. fold on