M2N4-SLI problems...

Krypto44Krypto44 westport
edited March 2007 in Hardware
Not sure if its the motherboard, bios, or something else... but here is my problem:

The problems occurs when the computer is off (or in hibernation).

Lets say i've shut down my computer... when i try to turn it on after 5 seconds it will just turn off. The only way to stop it from turning off after 5 seconds is to turn off the power to PSU, then remove the mobo battery, wait, put it back on, and reboot.

this will always get it to turn on past 5 seconds. However, sometimes nothing will show up, in which i need to repeat the process.
Another thing that sometimes happens is i get the M2N4 SLI screen (the one that shows your mobo name) come up for a few seconds, then the computer restarts in a cylce of mobo name and restart.

When that happens, i repeat the remove the battery process until a black page comes up that says "CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR" press F1 to continue or DEL to go into bios.

Pressing F1 almost always gets it to work... its just trying to get to that point where the problem occurs.

Oh yeah, if i try to save anychanges in the bios the computer shuts off.

So, theres my problem:eek3:
Thanks

Comments

• Krypto44Krypto44 westport
    edited March 2007
    please.... anyone? :sad2:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Take your entire PC out of its case and run it on a sheet of cardboard. Use 1 stick of RAM, your CPU, 1 hard drive, no CD-ROMs. Make sure your HSF is making proper contact, and that you're using thermal paste.
  • Krypto44Krypto44 westport
    edited March 2007
    So you think its a temperature problem?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Temperature or motherboard short are my initial thoughts. Could be PSU.