STOP: 0x000000F4(OX00000003.........

edited March 2007 in Hardware
Hello everyone, I'm having a very interesting and untimely problem. I own a Compaq Presario V5000 notebook, running Windows XP. The only thing I have ever added to to it was an extra 512 ram(it came stock with 512, so I doubled it) which I added right after purchase about August 06. So yesterday I turned on my computer from hibernation and it began to act a bit slow and buggy during start-up. So I manually turned it off, restarted it and it wouldn't get past the Compaq Screen. I tried to run it in safe mode but it wouldn't even load Windows at all. SO after making the decision to bite the bullet and use my restore disk to format my hard drive it stops me right after about 1:41 seconds of the re-format, freezes and give me the *** Stop: 0x000000F4 (0x0000003, 0x85910278, 0x859103DC, 0x8095AA0E)

So just from my limited computer knowledge, I believe somehow my hard drive became corrupt, idk.. SO I would appreciate help!!!!

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    First thing to check is the memory. Go to Memtest and download version 1.70 (if you have a floppy drive, download that one, if not download the .iso and use CD-Burning software to burn the iso.).

Run Memtest..... I'd bet you have a bad stick of memory. Let us know if you need further instructions or when you have completed memtest.

Oh... welcome to Short-Media!!! :D