Romanitc/comedy animes?!

JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
edited December 2003 in Internet & Media
does anyomne know of any romantic/comedy or just either or? i feel like watching some anime, and im tired of all that action crap, i just want something i can sit back and enjoy

so anyone know of any?

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    DBZ is considered comedy... you just have to laugh at how bad it is!
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited October 2003
    i know huh, its funny how most people here in america like the crapiest shows (like DBZ) ... then they think masterpieces like Cowboy Bebop sucks....

whats the world coming too!!!???

:rolleyes:
    edited October 2003
    I agree with ya there. By the way, I love your sig.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Nadesico is a good romantic comedy, in space, with some parodies of other animes.
    edited October 2003
    thanks

oh and i will check out that anime CB, thanks

glad you like my sig!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

any other animes?
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited October 2003
    I love Cowboy Bebop, and the music, I also like DBZ. SO HA!
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    i started watching this anime called Naruto about couple monthes ago, it's pretty good. it's got romance and comedy in it.

the anime is about shinobi/ninjas.

here is a picture of a character in it.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Kare Kano (His and Her Circumstances) is by far the best romantic comedy anime I've ever seen. It's Studio Gainax, so you know it's good.

It's released here so you can "buy" it with ease. Suncoast, Best Buy... some places may have it for rent too.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited October 2003
    omg leishi, YES!

Naruto is amazing, it has great action, great story, and its REALLY funny. The animation/art is also very nice. I have seen ep. 1-55 and read the translated manga up to vol 190.

If you want a creepy weird anime with a very interesting story I suggest Boogiepop Phantom.
  • edited October 2003
    How can you not like DBZ!!! Are you a girl?! DBZ is a classic masterpiece!! maybe because funtocensor made it so 8 year old boys can watch it to make more $$ it doesn't mean that is bad. Have you seen the uncensore japanese ones?! Anyway i don't want to make this thread into a flame war so here is my opinion, Trigun is pretty funny and .hack//SIGN is pretty romantic so if you haven't seen those you should.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    croc_ had this to say
    omg leishi, YES!

Naruto is amazing, it has great action, great story, and its REALLY funny. The animation/art is also very nice. I have seen ep. 1-55 and read the translated manga up to vol 190.

If you want a creepy weird anime with a very interesting story I suggest Boogiepop Phantom.

hey i'm exactly at wheyer u are, episode 55, and manga chapter 190. waiting sucks.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited October 2003
    I agree, they need to pick up the pace over there. The manga is soooo gooood I wanna see the anime sooo bad.
    edited October 2003
    Tropical had this to say
    How can you not like DBZ!!! Are you a girl?! DBZ is a classic masterpiece!! maybe because funtocensor made it so 8 year old boys can watch it to make more $$ it doesn't mean that is bad. Have you seen the uncensore japanese ones?! Anyway i don't want to make this thread into a flame war so here is my opinion, Trigun is pretty funny and .hack//SIGN is pretty romantic so if you haven't seen those you should.

OK I'll grant you that one Tropical; I haven't seen any of the uncensored Japanese versions... only the "suitable for toonami" stuff. My main beef about it is that it takes forever for anything to happen... you sit through 12 episodes while Goku powers up a Kameha-meha!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    I think there may be fully two hyphens in the name of that famous move...
    edited October 2003
    ;D

You get the idea though. Hell, I could have said 20 episodes and "going Super Saiyan" instead!
    edited October 2003
    remember when he was fighting Freeza and they had what was it "5 minutes" for the planet to blow up, it took like 20 episodes just for the damn planet to blow up when it suposedly was only gonna take "5 minutes" thats when i got pissed off and started disliking DBZ, Dragonball on the other hand IS A TRUE masterpiece, i love that show to death

and Dragonball GT, well... thats not even made by Akira Toriyama so there isnt any point of getting into that..... (ive seen most of them in mexico anyways)

oh and leishi thanks for reccomending naruto to me but i get the monthly Shonen Jump so i just read it in there :)

oh and Buddy Jebus i will look for Kare Kano thanks!

:thumbsup:
  • edited October 2003
    GTO is a great comedy anime.

This was the first anime to show that they are not all about sci-fi and/or martial arts. I still love it!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited October 2003
    Blue Gender has a bit of romance if you ask me(And Cowboy Bebop is my answer to everything and thus is a given).

TriGun is funny, I find it very humorous. Fooly Cooly, FLCL, Fuly Culy, however you may spell it is a funny Anime also, very strange though....
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited November 2003
    I have a few anime that can be considered Comedy and Romance at the same time:

Examples:
    Ai Yori Aoshi (season 1) - 24 episodes
    Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi (Season 2) - currently airing in Japan and is licensed by Geneon (fan sub groups are still doing this series since Geneon is Pioneer) - 13 episodes + christmas special
    Chobits - 27 episodes
    Onegai Teacher 13 episodes
    Onegai Twins - Just finished airing, 12 episodes, 13th episode is DVD only
    Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (14 episodes) (The Eternity You Wish For) - also currently airing in Japan and being fansubbed
    Full Metal Panic - 24 Episodes - Romatic Comedy plus military based
    Full Metal Panic Fumoffu - second season of FMP, 11 episodes, 15 chapters - More romantic/comedy than previous season. Includes stuff that didn't originally make it into first season from the Manga series

Oh, and Naruto is the next DBZ... Destined to be watched by DBZ anime n00bs...
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited November 2003
    I hate the Dutch.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited November 2003
    fudgam had this to say
    I hate the Dutch.

And what does that have to do with anything?
    edited November 2003
    lol

haha:scratch:;D
  • T-BirDT-BirD Montgomery, AL
    edited November 2003
    Granted, I've only watched 2/3 of .hack//sign, but personally I'm not convinced it could be considered romantic... Maybe it clears up in the latter 3rd, dunno.

No romance and only minimal comedy, but my favorite anime ever is Noir. It's very adult in the best sense of the word. Yes, I even prefer it to Cowboy Bebop ;)
  • MoTHA_NaTuREMoTHA_NaTuRE All over this bizzatch called FL
    edited November 2003
    ranma 1/2 is probably the best romance comedy
    inuyasha is also pretty good, written by the same person who wrote ranma
    edited November 2003
    I think ranma is SOOOOO CUTE!!! heh heh

;)
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2003
    My new g/f is a big anime fan and she gave me the Digitally remasterd Akira on dvd so I gotta watch it now
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited November 2003
    My friend wont stop talking about one piece, anyone hear anything about it?
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited November 2003
    Well Jengo, the animation in your sig is from Love Hina, which I thought was a great romantic comedy series. Nothing particularly original about it but it's very well done (not to mention the first anime show animated entirely by computer). I would find it a little ironic if you had it in your sig but had not watched it yet :p
    edited December 2003
    Yeah, ive watched love hina, i have some of the manga and about 20 eps on DiVX, its fun

Oh and One Piece is great dude its about Pirates (cool ones i might add) the storyline is OK i like the animation
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited December 2003
    GTO:)
This discussion has been closed.