crysis

ronboronbo Connecticut
edited March 2007 in Gaming
I really want this game. But not if it means installing M$ Vista and some $600 DX10 graphics card. If they don't make it playable on DX9, they are going to lose a big share of the gamers market.

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    vista's actually pretty sweet. no problems here :P. I don't know if I'd pay for it though.

Now, i do need the new video card (and the motherboard/processor/ram/psu to go with it). Also, i would expect there to be some more options in the dx10 video card market (other than ZOMG TOP OF THE LINE) by the time the game comes out.
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited March 2007
    And if Mr. Bill is the sweet man I know he is, he will make DX10 for XP users too. :smiles: :smiles:
  • KyleKyle Lafayette, LA New
    edited March 2007
    I think you guys are holding on to false hope. Crysis on DX9 is just plain not going to happen. And the chances of DX10 on XP are slim to none considering they want you to buy Vista.
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited March 2007
    Well, I can still have hope..How many computers do you think there are in the world? And how many people do you think will install Vista right now? I will not touch Vista for another year. Many people I know are still running Windoze 2000 and 95, and without Vista a DX10 card is useless. If what you are saying is true then it will be their loss not mine. I still have thousands of games that will play on XP and DX9.
  • edited March 2007
    Crysis will play on Windows XP with a DirectX 9 card. You can google on this and see. Is this good news or something :)

The link: http://wiki.incrysis.com/index.php/Crysis_System_Requirements
  • ronboronbo Connecticut
    edited March 2007
    It's good news to me. Thanks for that link mirage.......
  • KyleKyle Lafayette, LA New
    edited March 2007
    Well I guess I stand corrected. It was my understanding that Crysis is not backwards-compatible with DX9, but I that wiki says otherwise. Keep in mind though, that site says
    The System Requirements for Crysis have not yet been released. There are some non official requirements floating around out there, however these are simply a guess and have been altered multiple times.

Also, ronbo, seriously? You know many people who run 2000 and 95!?!? WTF
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    I run 2000.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    I run 2000.

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited March 2007
    It looks very nice. I hope it'll play on XP, I don't like the idea of being forced to 'upgrade' to vista.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    shwaip wrote:

Probably going to bring it up to XP very soon. The recent builds of nLite allow for some deep, deep customization that'll let me keep the Luna UI (Which has fantastic customization options), but ditch the clutter of an OEM/retail XP disc. XP is finally as fast as 2000. It was a long time coming.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Thrax wrote:
    Probably going to bring it up to XP very soon. The recent builds of nLite allow for some deep, deep customization that'll let me keep the Luna UI (Which has fantastic customization options), but ditch the clutter of an OEM/retail XP disc. XP is finally as fast as 2000. It was a long time coming.

Please, please write an article about this! :bigggrin:
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Thrax wrote:

Yum, deep kernel penetration.