Seeking Case Selection Advice and Deals

jocjoc
edited March 2007 in Hardware
I'm going to be building a new machine soon. I have built several in the past, but I think I want to do something a little different this time. My former works were all function over form. Basic big black boxes with good parts inside.

This time, I am looking at water cooling and lighting, I want to do something at least a little different.

Right now I am looking for a good case. I like the big cube windowed ones on mountainmods, but I think the prices are a bit hefty for just being a case. I want to do something different than the standard tower/windowed tower.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Are you definitely looking for a cube case? And are you definitely going with watercooling? The reason I ask is that the efficiency of cooling in the case really matters with aircooling, but if you're going to WC everything, you can be much more flexible in how efficently the case itself cools.
  • jocjoc
    edited March 2007
    If I end up doing something flashy and windowed, I think I have to do watercooling just to get the glowing tubes of superpower effect.

I'm thinking a cube wouldn't be too bad at keeping things cool with all the open air anyway.

Watercooling is looking like a good option though, especially with the core 2 duos.

I like the Luxor pyramid case I saw on THG, but it doesn't seem to fit the bigger gfx cards.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Why not build your own. I'm sure you can pick up just about everything you need at mountainmods including the removable tray.
  • VagrantxVagrantx San Francisco, CA
    edited March 2007
    I really like the the NZXT Lexa case, it has a nice design and I think the fan placements are awesome.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146018