c:/winntsystem32/wbem----is missing or not found

edited March 2007 in Hardware
Hi,
I am facing a serious problem with my computer, i think i messed up something. I was running "spy ware terminator" and i think some thing has deleted by mistake. but i am not sure. when ever i tried to run my pc it shows something like " c:/winnt/system32/wbem" (missing or not found) this error, on blue screen. i don't know how to fix it. and after this error it re-started again and again. I was trying to boot it with window CD but computer didn't boot from CD either and i think CD is also stucked. please help.....i don't know what to do....My computer doesn't proceed further from window processing bar and when ever i tried to run it in a safe mode same blue screen appears with the same error and after few minutes, re-started itself again and again.

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2007
    Can you boot into Safe Mode?
  • edited March 2007
    profdlp wrote:
    Can you boot into Safe Mode?

No i cannot run my computer in safe mode as well.It doesn't proceed further from window processing bar.:sad2:
    edited March 2007
    What Operating System are you running?
  • edited March 2007
    profdlp wrote:
    What Operating System are you running?
    using 2000 server.
    edited March 2007
    There are a lot of things it could be, but since this happened right after spy ware terminator seems to have deleted something, a full virus scan might not be a bad idea. What antivirus program are you running?

You could also get hold of a copy of Ultimate Boot CD, burn it to disc, then run a scan from there. This means that you're going to need to get that cdrom drive working.

Try going into the BIOS and make sure that the cdrom drive is listed as the first boot device. Hopefully that will help get things started. :)
  • edited March 2007
    Hi,
    Thanks for your great help. I was trying to do the same thing as you told me to do but one more problem occur, i couldn't find any option in which i can change the particular setting may be because CD-ROM is not working. And i could not take out CD from it either. I think i messed up with drive. Is there any other way to solve the problem? or can you suggest me anything like if i try to open my CPU and try to take out the CD-ROM or anything else. I really appreciate your frequent reply.
    Thank you so much.
    edited March 2007
    If you look at the front of the cdrom drive you should see a little pinhole. Using something like a straightened-out paper clip you should be able to manually get the drive door open by pushing it in the hole.

If that doesn't work, shut the computer down and unplug it from the wall. You should be able to remove the drive from the computer by taking out a couple screws on each side and unplugging the power and data cables. Once you've done that you should find a few screws on the drive itself which can be removed to get the cover off.
  • edited March 2007
    profdlp wrote:
    If you look at the front of the cdrom drive you should see a little pinhole. Using something like a straightened-out paper clip you should be able to manually get the drive door open by pushing it in the hole.

If that doesn't work, shut the computer down and unplug it from the wall. You should be able to remove the drive from the computer by taking out a couple screws on each side and unplugging the power and data cables. Once you've done that you should find a few screws on the drive itself which can be removed to get the cover off.

Hi,
    Thanks a lot for helping me out.Now my computer is working fine. You were a great help.
    Thanks once again.
    edited March 2007
    What did you do to fix it? :)
  • edited March 2007
    profdlp wrote:
    What did you do to fix it? :)
    :)I just opened the front cover of CPU box and then took out the CD, then restarted the computer, went to the BIOS and changed the setting and boot it with CD twice and it worked. now i am in reliefed. :tongue: