Internet control

Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
edited March 2007 in Science & Tech
Hey guys,

My mother in law would like me to try and figure out how she can put a password just on the internet. She doesn't want to have to create windows users, just if you want to access something on the internet. I know that on some networks you have to have a password in order to view a page and then after that have access to the entire net. This is basically what she is looking for. She wants to be able to control when her kids get on so they don't go to Myspace and other sites(including nudie sites). I am a novice when it comes to this. Can I do this through windows or do I need some type of program. All ideas are welcome!

Thanks, :confused:

Comments

• MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited March 2007
    That's definitely something to ask your ISP about. In this case I'd recommend *shudder* AOL.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    You can do that in Internet Explorer...

Internet Options>Content

Check it out... I don't know much more than this :)

FYI if she doesn't wanna configure user accounts, then she's being too apathetic to controlling the internet her kids sees because if you use the above, the kid would be smart to install Firefox in a hidden folder and be able to use it anytime.
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    edited March 2007
    I agree. That would be smart of them. i don't know if they have enough savvy, but I agree. I already have the content setting on. Just wanted something more. Thanks
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    edited March 2007
    If she knows what sites she wants to block, like myspace, she can set them up in the HOSTS file. Of course, her kids might figure that out.

This thread might help:
    http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54910