ati psychodelic.

edited March 2007 in Hardware
Hello, I have just bought an ati 9550 256 mb graphics card. Everything is great, except for one problem. When i play a music vid on the net from a music site the vid is very psychodelic. the vid looks as though it is one of those pschodelic vids. This only happens with windows media vids, never mind what music site i go on if it is a media video it is psychodelic. This does not happen with real, quicktime and the others. I dont know if this is to do with my new graphics card or just a coincidence. But it was alright when i last watched a vid online with my g-force nvidia. Any help greatly appreciated.

Windows xp--sp2
gigabyte GA-7s748 motherboard.
512 mb ram.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    Try this...

In Windows Media Player go to Tools -> Performance -> Video Acceleration, and slide that bar all the way down. to none, and tell me if it plays okay than...
  • edited March 2007
    Hi thanks for the reply sledgehammer, sorry took so long to reply.
    I saw this on a help page and it worked.

1. To get normal video again, right click in the middle of the video player. Select Options from the popup menu.

2. Click Advanced

3.Deselect Video Mixing Rendering

And now i can see the vid normally. why this should happen when i changed to ati i just dont know.

This problem was only happening when watching a web vid.

Thanks for taking the time to help sledgehammer, nice to be able to get help from people when you are lost with a problem.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited March 2007
    Uninstall the old drivers and install the latest ones. (Assuming you installed the ones off the cd)
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited March 2007
    N/A ATI cards epecially 95xx series has some issues with new media player builds... Once accelerated video is turned down, all things seem to work... I have seen this issue many of times :)