how can i open one program, making it open another

edited April 2007 in Hardware
is that at all possible? i mean im sure it is becuase winamp does it, and opens evil lyrics up. But does any one know a way that i can open one porgram up, making another open up? like for instance, open itunes, and evil lyrics opens with it.. ??

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited March 2007
    a batch file can do it. with the CALL function. like this

CALL "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe"

for the webpage, make a shortcut somewhere on your machine so you can call that. and it would be something like

CALL "C:\Document and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SM.url"
  • edited March 2007
    ok, well can you explain like step by step, not to good with this..
    so for itunes,(C:\Program Files\itunes\itunes.exe") and evil lyrics (C:\Program Files\evillyrics\evilyrics.exe")
    how do i make a batch file, and where do i save it to so everytime itunes opens, evil lyrics will do the same?
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited March 2007
    making a batch file is readlly easy. click start->run->notepad

with notepad opne type your code.

CALL "C:\Program Files\itunes\itunes.exe"
    CALL "C:\Program Files\evillyrics\evillyrics.exe"

(note: you need the " " if there is a space in the path name)

once you have your code written, select file->save as->in the save as type filed, change is to All Files. in the file names choose nameoffile and .bat at the end so it looks like this

launchPrograms.bat
  • edited April 2007
    thankss!!.. but.. now i can only open both if i run the batch file? how can i make it run automatically when i open itunes?
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited April 2007
    thankss!!.. but.. now i can only open both if i run the batch file? how can i make it run automatically when i open itunes?

You use the batch file instead of ITunes. If you wanted you could change your ITunes shortcut to point to the batch file.